Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood. ― George Orwell
Who controls the past controls the future. Who controls the present controls the past. ― George Orwell
If you want to keep a secret, you must also hide it from yourself. ― George Orwell
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is a famous George Orwell quotes collection
1. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever. ― George Orwell
2. War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength. ― George Orwell
3. But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought. ― George Orwell
4. All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. ― George Orwell
5. In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act. ― George Orwell
6. Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it. ― George Orwell
7. The best books… are those that tell you what you know already. ― George Orwell
8. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which. ― George Orwell
9. The most effective way to destroy people is to deny and obliterate their own understanding of their history. ― George Orwell
10. We shall meet in a place where there is no darkness. ― George Orwell
11. Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind. ― George Orwell
12. Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one’s mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them. ― George Orwell
13. If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. ― George Orwell
14. People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ― George Orwell
15. The quickest way of ending a war is to lose it. ― George Orwell
16. Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this.
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power.
What pure power means you will understand presently.
We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing.
All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites.
The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives.
They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal.
We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end.
One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship.
The object of persecution is persecution.
The object of torture is torture.
The object of power is power.
Now you begin to understand me. ― George Orwell
17. Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing. ― George Orwell
18. The essence of being human is that one does not seek perfection. ― George Orwell
19. The choice for mankind lies between freedom and happiness and for the great bulk of mankind, happiness is better. ― George Orwell
20. On the whole human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time. ― George Orwell
21. Men can only be happy when they do not assume that the object of life is happiness. ― George Orwell