An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field. ― Niels Bohr.
Niels Henrik David Bohr was a Danish physicist who made foundational contributions to understanding atomic structure and quantum theory, for which he received the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1922. Bohr was also a philosopher and a promoter of scientific research. ― Niels Bohr
Here is famous Jean de La Fontaine quotes collection
1. The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth. ― Niels Bohr
2. Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future. ― Niels Bohr
3. Those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it. ― Niels Bohr
4. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real. ― Niels Bohr
5. How wonderful that we have met with a paradox. Now we have some hope of making progress. ― Niels Bohr
6. When it comes to atoms, language can be used only as in poetry. The poet, too, is not nearly so concerned with describing facts as with creating images. ― Niels Bohr
7. No, no, you’re not thinking; you’re just being logical. ― Niels Bohr
8. There are some things so serious that you have to laugh at them. ― Niels Bohr
9. There are trivial truths and there are great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true. ― Niels Bohr
10. The Stone Age didn’t end because the World ran out of stones. ― Niels Bohr
11. Never express yourself more clearly than you are able to think. ― Niels Bohr
12. A physicist is just an atom’s way of looking at itself. ― Niels Bohr
13. We must be clear that when it comes to atoms, language can be used only as in poetry. The poet, too, is not nearly so concerned with describing facts as with creating images and establishing mental connections. ― Niels Bohr
14. We all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question which divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct. My own feeling is that it is not crazy enough. ― Niels Bohr
15. Every great and deep difficulty bears in itself its own solution. It forces us to change our thinking in order to find it. ― Niels Bohr
16. In our description of nature the purpose is not to disclose the real essence of the phenomena but only to track down, as far as possible, relations between the manifold aspects of our experience. ― Niels Bohr
17. Physics is not about how the world is, it is about what we can say about the world. ― Niels Bohr
18. The best weapon of a dictatorship is secrecy, but the best weapon of a democracy should be the weapon of openness. ― Niels Bohr
19. The very nature of quantum theory forces us to regard the space-time coordination and the claim of causality, the union of which characterizes the classical theories, as complementary but exclusive features of the description, symbolizing the idealization of observation and description, respectively. ― Niels Bohr
Discover more wonderful topic
20. It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart. ― Suzanne Collins
21. I myself find the division of the world into an objective and a subjective side much too arbitrary.
The fact that religions through the ages have spoken in images, parables, and paradoxes means simply that there are no other ways of grasping the reality to which they refer. But that does not mean that it is not a genuine reality.
And splitting this reality into an objective and a.
The subjective side won’t get us very far. ― Niels Bohr