No one ever gets too big to make mistakes. The secret is that the big man is greater than his mistakes, because he rises right out of them and passes beyond them. ― George Matthew Adams.
Who is George Matthew Adams? George Matthew Adams was an American newspaper columnist and founder of the George Matthew Adams Newspaper Service, which syndicated comic strips and columns to newspapers for five decades. His own writings were circulated widely to The Gettysburg Times and many other newspapers.
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is famous George Matthew Adams quotes collection
1. No man in all this world ever rightfully gets more than he gives. ― George Matthew Adams
2. Be glad to give as much as you take. Every dispute in this world is traceable to the lack of the 50-50 principle. ― George Matthew Adams
3. People do not want what we have in our pockets half as much as they want what is in our hearts. If we combine both, intelligently, however, according to our means, we give wisely and well. ― George Matthew Adams
4. People who look down never get much of an idea of the sky where the stars are set. And the fellow who doesn’t hitch at least one or two of his wagons to a star never gets very high up. Get your eyes off the ground. Look ahead. ― George Matthew Adams
5. We cannot waste time. We can only waste ourselves. ― George Matthew Adams
6. Courage is heart worth making itself felt in deeds. It never waits for chances; it makes chances. ― George Matthew Adams
7. Beauty of expression is so akin to the voice of the sea. ― George Matthew Adams
8. I say to myself that I shall try to make my life like an open fireplace, so that people may be warmed and cheered by it and so go out themselves to warm and cheer. ― George Matthew Adams
9. There is no such thing as a ‘self-made’ man. We are made up of thousands of others. ― George Matthew Adams
10. A cheerful frame of mind, reinforced by relaxation… is the medicine that puts all ghosts of fear on the run.― George Matthew Adams
11. It is a great thing to have a big brain, a fertile imagination, grand ideals, but the man with these, bereft of a good backbone, is sure to serve no useful end. ― George Matthew Adams
12. It’s marvelous the change that comes about when a man gets together all his forces and centers them upon the doing of one thing at a time. ― George Matthew Adams
13. The easiest thing in the world is to succeed. You can’t help it if you follow the rules and play the game the best way you know how according to yourself, instead of according to the one next to you, or above you, or somewhere away from you. ― George Matthew Adams
14. One reason why so many people are unhappy, not knowing why, is that they have burdened their minds with resentments.
These evil thoughts pile right on top of happier and generous ones and smother them so that they never get expression.
Resentments are a form of hate…. What a dearth of good will and co-operation there is among human beings and nations!
What a world this would be if we all worked together, and as a popular diplomat recently expressed it-played together! ― George Matthew Adams
16. No one owns you. One hundred per cent of the stock in your personal corporation belongs to you. ― George Matthew Adams
17. You are your greatest investment. The more you store in that mind of yours, the more you enrich your experience, the more people you meet, the more books you read, and the more places you visit, the greater is that investment in all that you are.
Everything that you add to your peace of mind, and to your outlook upon life, is added capital that no one but yourself can dissipate. ― George Matthew Adams
18. It’s what each of us sows, and how, that gives us character and prestige.
Seeds of kindness, goodwill, and human understanding, planted in fertile soil, spring up into deathless friendships, big deeds of worth, and a memory that will not soon fade out. We are all sowers of seeds-and let us never forget it! ― George Matthew Adams
19. It is easier to win than to fail. Everybody sides with the winner. But the failure walks alone. ― George Matthew Adams
20. One of the great arts in living is to learn the art of accurately appraising values. Everything that we think, that we earn, that we have given to us, that in any way touches our consciousness, has its own value.
These values are apt to change with the mood, with time, or because of circumstances. We cannot safely tie to any material value.
The values of all material possessions change continually, sometimes overnight.
Nothing of this nature has any permanent set value. The real values are those that stay by you, give you happiness and enrich you. They are human values. ― George Matthew Adams
21. In this life we get only those things for which we hunt, for which we strive, and for which we are willing to sacrifice.
It is better to aim for something that you want-even though you miss it-than to get something that you didn’t aim to get, and which you don’t want!
If we look long enough for what we want in life we are almost sure to find it, no matter what that objective may be. ― George Matthew Adams
22. Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.― Bertrand Russell
23. In the so-called ages of faith, when men really did believe the Christian religion in all its completeness, there was the Inquisition, with all its tortures; there were millions of unfortunate women burned as witches; and there was every kind of cruelty practiced upon all sorts of people in the name of religion. ― Bertrand Russell
24. We should never finish a 20 year program in two years. ― Jack Ma
25. Opportunity lies in the place where the complaints are. ― Jack Ma
26. If you’ve never tried, how will you ever know if there’s any chance? ― Jack Ma