To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves. ― Federico García Lorca
Nothing is impossible to a willing heart. ― John Heywood
Desire creates power. ― Raymond Holliwell
Ignore what a man desires, and you ignore the very source of his power. ― Walter Lippman
What is the best definition for desire?
Desire is a strong feeling, worthy or unworthy,
that impels to the attainment
or possession of something that is (in reality or imagination)
within reach: a desire for success. Craving implies a deep and imperative wish for something,
based on a sense of need and hunger: a craving for food, companionship.
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is a famous desire quotes collection
1. Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. ― Epicurus
2. Men go to far greater lengths to avoid what they fear than to obtain what they desire. ― Dan Brown
3. Things are sweeter when they’re lost. I know because once I wanted something and got it.
It was the only thing I ever wanted badly, Dot, and when I got it it turned to dust in my hand. ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. I have outlasted all desire,
My dreams and I have grown apart;
My grief alone is left entire,
The gleamings of an empty heart.
The storms of ruthless dispensation
Have struck my flowery garland numb,
I live in lonely desolation
And wonder when my end will come.
Thus on a naked tree-limb, blasted
By tardy winter’s whistling chill,
A single leaf which has outlasted
Its season will still be trembling. ― Alexander Pushkin
Do you like desire quotes?
5. There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart’s desire. The other is to gain it. ― George Bernard Shaw
6. The world is little, people are little, human life is little. There is only one big thing, desire. ― Willa Cather
7. Ultimately, it is the desire, not the desired, that we love. ― Friedrich Nietzsche
8. I desire to be with you.
I miss you.
I feel lonely when I can’t see you.
I am obsessed with you, fascinated by you, infatuated with you.
I hunger for your taste, your smell, the feel of your soul touching mine. ― Jack Llawayllynn
9. Desiring another person is perhaps the most risky endeavor of all.
As soon as you want somebody to really want him, it is as though you have taken a surgical needle and sutured your happiness to the skin of that person, so that any separation will now cause a lacerating injury. ― Elizabeth Gilbert
Which desire quote is the best quote?
10. Those who restrain desire do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained. ― William Blake
11. See how she leans her cheek upon her hand.
O, that I was a glove upon that hand
That I might touch that cheek! ― William Shakespeare
12. My desire and wish is that the things I start with should be so obvious that you wonder why I spend my time stating them.
This is what I aim at because the point of philosophy is to start with something so simple as not to seem worth stating, and to end with something so paradoxical that no one will believe it. ― Bertrand Russell
13. But if you love and must have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at noon and meditate on love’s ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise on your lips. ― Kahlil Gibran
14. If I ever go looking for my heart’s desire again,
I won’t look any further than my own back yard.
Because if it isn’t there, I never really lost it to begin with. ― Noel Langley
Can you share your desire quotes?
15. Profound desire, true desire is the desire to be close to someone. ― Paulo Coelho
16. But he did not understand the price. Mortals never do.
They only see the prize, their heart’s desire, their dream…
But the price of getting what you want, is getting what you once wanted. ― Neil Gaiman
17. If you don’t feel strong desires for the manifestation of the glory of God, it is not because you have drunk deeply and are satisfied.
It is because you have nibbled so long at the table of the world. Your soul is stuffed with small things, and there is no room for the great. ― John Piper
18. The intensity of your desire governs the power with which the force is directed. ― John McDonald
19. It sometimes seems that intense desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents. ― Eric Hoffer
Can you share our desire quotes?
20. For the resolute and determined, there is time and opportunity. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. A strong passion for any object will ensure success, for the desire of the end will point out the means. ― Henry Hazlitt
22. The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat. ― Napoleon Hill
23. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing. ― Abraham Lincoln
24. Desire is a possibility seeking expression. ― Ralph Waldo Emerson