Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is the best Epictetus quotes collection
1. Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants. ― Epictetus
2. Don’t explain your philosophy. Embody it. ― Epictetus
3. First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak. ― Epictetus
4. Freedom is the only worthy goal in life. It is won by disregarding things that lie beyond our control. ― Epictetus
5. There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond our power or our will. ― Epictetus
6. Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems. ― Epictetus
7. First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ― Epictetus
8. The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best. ― Epictetus
9. It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. ― Epictetus
10. If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid. ― Epictetus
11. Any person capable of angering you becomes your master; he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him. ― Epictetus
12. How long are you going to wait before you demand the best for yourself and in no instance bypass the discriminations of reason?
You have been given the principles that you ought to endorse, and you have endorsed them.
What kind of teacher, then, are you still waiting for in order to refer your self-improvement to him?
You are no longer a boy, but a full-grown man.
If you are careless and lazy now and keep putting things off and always deferring the day after which you will attend to yourself,
you will not notice that you are making no progress,
but you will live and die as someone quite ordinary. ― Epictetus
13. It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows. ― Epictetus
14. Circumstances don’t make the man, they only reveal him to himself. ― Epictetus
15. People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them. ― Epictetus
16. Other people’s views and troubles can be contagious. Don’t sabotage yourself by unwittingly adopting negative, unproductive attitudes through your associations with others. ― Epictetus
17. To accuse others for one’s own misfortune is a sign of want of education. To accuse oneself shows that one’s education has begun. To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one’s education is complete. ― Epictetus
18. Remember, it is not enough to be hit or insulted to be harmed, you must believe that you are being harmed.
If someone succeeds in provoking you, realize that your mind is complicit in the provocation.
Which is why it is essential that we not respond impulsively to impressions; take a moment before reacting, and you will find it easier to maintain control. ― Epictetus
19. Don’t just say you have read books. Show that through them you have learned to think better, to be a more discriminating and reflective person.
Books are the training weights of the mind.
They are very helpful, but it would be a bad mistake to suppose that one has made progress simply by having internalized their contents. ― Epictetus
20. He who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at. ― Epictetus
Discover more wonderful topic
21. From now on, then, resolve to live as a grown-up who is making progress,
and make whatever you think best a law that you never set aside.
And whenever you encounter anything that is difficult or pleasurable,
or highly or lowly regarded, remember that the contest is now: you are at the Olympic Games,
you cannot wait any longer, and that your progress is wrecked or preserved by a single day and a single event.
That is how Socrates fulfilled himself by attending to nothing except reason in everything he encountered.
And you, although you are not yet a Socrates, should live as someone who at least wants to be a Socrates. ― Epictetus
22. Even people who believe they deserve to be happy and have nice things often don’t feel worthy once they have them. ― Oprah Winfrey
23. Know your worth. It makes no sense to be second in someone’s life, when you know you’re good enough to be first in someone else’s. ― Cherry Nguyen
24. People don’t always get what they deserve in this world. ― Lemony Snicket
25. If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you Not much. ― Jim Rohn
26. What’s hurting you is teaching you. Don’t run from it, learn from it. ― Cherry Nguyen