If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward. ― Martin Luther King Jr. And The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. ― Martin Luther King.
Martin Luther King Jr. was an American Baptist minister and activist who became the most visible spokesman and leader in the American civil rights movement from 1955 until his assassination in 1968.
Here is best Martin Luther King Jr. quotes collection
1. Only in the darkness can you see the stars. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
2. Lightning makes no sound until it strikes. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
3. Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or in the darkness of destructive selfishness. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
4. Science investigates; religion interprets. Science gives man knowledge, which is power; religion gives man wisdom, which is control. Science deals mainly with facts; religion deals mainly with values. The two are not rivals. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
5. We must use time creatively, in the knowledge that the time is always ripe to do right. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
6. There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe nor politic nor popular, but he must take it because his conscience tells him it is right. – Martin Luther King Jr.
7. There is nothing more tragic than to find an individual bogged down in the length of life, devoid of breadth. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
8. Property is intended to serve life, and no matter how much we surround it with rights and respect, it has no personal being. It is part of the earth man walks on. It is not a man. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
9. The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character, that is the goal of true education. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
10. Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
11. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
12. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
13. There can be no deep disappointment where there is not deep love. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
14. We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
15. We may have all come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat now. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
16. Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
17. Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
18. All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
19. An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
Discover more wonderful topic
20. It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
21. Every man lives in two realms: the internal and the external. The internal is that realm of spiritual ends expressed in art, literature, morals, and religion. The external is that complex of devices, techniques, mechanisms, and instrumentalities by means of which we live. ― Martin Luther King Jr.
22. The human race is a monotonous affair. Most people spend the greatest part of their time working in order to live, and what little freedom remains so fills them with fear that they seek out any and every means to be rid of it. ― Goethe
23. My idea of a good night has always been having a lovely meal and a proper conversation. — Kirsty Gallacher
24. Trust yourself. Know that all things are working together to support you living your best life. ― Lisa Nichols
25. It’s your responsibility to show the world how to treat you by the way in which you treat yourself. ― Lisa Nichols
26. No matter how hard you try your dreams can never be sweeter than min because I dream about YOU as your sweet dream. Good night. — Cherry Nguyen