Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal. ― Albert Camus.
Albert Camus was a French philosopher, author, and journalist. He was awarded the 1957 Nobel Prize in Literature at the age of 44, the second-youngest recipient in history. His works include The Stranger, The Plague, The Myth of Sisyphus, The Fall, and The Rebel.
Here is best Albert Camus quotes collection
1. Don’t walk in front of me… I may not follow
Don’t walk behind me… I may not lead
Walk beside me… just be my friend. ― Albert Camus
2. You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life. ― Albert Camus
3. In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. ― Albert Camus
4. Man is the only creature who refuses to be what he is. ― Albert Camus
5. Should I kill myself, or have a cup of coffee? ― Albert Camus
6. Live to the point of tears. But in the end one needs more courage to live than to kill himself. ― Albert Camus
7. You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question. ― Albert Camus
9. In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. ― Albert Camus
10. Blessed are the hearts that can bend; they shall never be broken. ― Albert Camus
11. And that makes me happy.
For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back. ― Albert Camus
12. When I look at my life and its secret colors, I feel like bursting into tears. ― Albert Camus
13. Real generosity towards the future lies in giving all to the present. ― Albert Camus
14. Fiction is the lie through which we tell the truth. ― Albert Camus
16. I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. ― Albert Camus
17. The purpose of a writer is to keep civilization from destroying itself. ― Albert Camus
18. In order to understand the world, one has to turn away from it on occasion. ― Albert Camus
19. I may not have been sure about what really did interest me, but I was absolutely sure about what didn’t. ― Albert Camus
20. Autumn is the second spring when every leaf is a flower. ― Albert Camus
21. An intellectual? Yes. And never deny it. An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself.
I like this, because I am happy to be both halves, the watcher and the watched. “Can they be brought together?”
This is a practical question.
We must get down to it. “I despise intelligence” really means: “I cannot bear my doubts. ― Albert Camus