Time is what we want most, but… what we use worst. ― William Penn.
And I expect to pass through life but once. If there is any kindness I can show, or any good thing I can do to any fellow being, let me do it now, and not defer or neglect it, as I shall not pass this way again. ― William Penn
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is the best William Penn quotes collection
1. Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants. ― William Penn
2. Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. ― William Penn
3. The secret of happiness is to count your blessings while others are adding up their troubles. ― William Penn
4. No man is fit to command another that cannot command himself. ― William Penn
5. No pain, no palm; no thorns, no throne; no gall, no glory; no cross, no crown. ― William Penn
6. If it is an evil to judge rashly or untruthfully any single man, how much greater a sin it is to condemn a whole people. ― William Penn
7. Truth often suffers more by the heat of its defenders than from the arguments of its opposer. ― William Penn
8. They that love beyond the world
cannot be separated by it.
Death cannot kill what never dies. ― William Penn
9. Peace can only be secured by justice; never by force of arms. ― William Penn
10. Never despise what you don’t understand. ― William Penn
11. In the rush and noise of life, as you have intervals, step home within yourselves and be still. Wait upon God, and feel His good presence; this will carry you evenly through your day’s business. ― William Penn
12. Some are so very studious of learning what was done by the ancients that they do not know how to live with the moderns. ― William Penn
13. A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, and continues a friend unchangeably. ― William Penn
14. Never marry but for love; but see that thou lovest what is lovely. ― William Penn
15. Knowledge is the treasure, but judgment the treasurer, of a wise man. ― William Penn
16. Between a man and his wife nothing ought to rule but love. Authority is for children and servants, yet not without sweetness. ― William Penn
17. In marriage do thou be wise: prefer the person before money, virtue before beauty, the mind before the body; than thou hast a wife, a friend, a companion, a second self. ― William Penn
18. Avoid popularity; it has many snares, and no real benefit. ― William Penn
19. People are more afraid of the laws of Man than of God, because their punishment seems to be the nearest. ― William Penn
Discover more wonderful topic
20. The jealous are troublesome to others, but a torment to themselves. ― William Penn
21. Justice is the insurance which we have on our lives and property. Obedience is the premium which we pay for it. ― William Penn
22. Did we believe in a final Reckoning and Judgment; or did we think enough of what we do believe, we would allow more Love in Religion than we do; since Religion itself is nothing else but Love to God and Man.
Love is indeed Heaven upon Earth; since Heaven above would not be Heaven without it: For where there is not Love; there is Fear: But perfect Love casts out Fear. Love is above all; and when it prevails in us all, we shall all be Lovely, and in Love with God and one with another. ― William Penn
23. William Penn was an English writer and religious thinker belonging to the Religious Society of Friends, and founder of the Province of Pennsylvania, a North American colony of England. ― William Penn
24. Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house.
At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing.
He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on;
you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised.
But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense.
What on earth is He up to?
The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of , throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards.
You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace.
He intends to come and live in it Himself. ― C.S. Lewis
25. Gratitude also opens your eyes to the limitless potential of the universe, while dissatisfaction closes your eyes to it. — Stephen Richards