There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it. ― Bertrand Russell
Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong, have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind. ― Bertrand Russell
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is the best Bertrand Russell quotes collection
1. Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric. ― Bertrand Russell
2. That is only an example. There are a great many ways in which, at the present moment, the church, by its insistence upon what it chooses to call morality, inflicts upon all sorts of people undeserved and unnecessary suffering. ― Bertrand Russell
4. To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already 3-parts dead. ― Bertrand Russell
Do you like Bertrand Russell quotes?
5. I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong. ― Bertrand Russell
6. And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence. ― Bertrand Russell
7. A stupid man’s report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. ― Bertrand Russell
8. In all affairs it’s a healthy thing now and then to hang a question mark on the things you have long taken for granted. ― Bertrand Russell
9. Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature made them. ― Bertrand Russell
Which Bertrand Russell quote is the best quote?
11. To teach how to live without certainty, and yet without being paralyzed by hesitation, is perhaps the chief thing that philosophy, in our age, can still do for those who study it. ― Bertrand Russell
12. When you want to teach children to think, you begin by treating them seriously when they are little, giving them responsibilities, talking to them candidly, providing privacy and solitude for them, and making them readers and thinkers of significant thoughts from the beginning. That’s if you want to teach them to think. ― Bertrand Russell
14. Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom. ― Bertrand Russell
Can you share your Bertrand Russell quotes?
15. The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn. ― Bertrand Russell
16. One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one’s work is terribly important.― Bertrand Russell
18. Those who have never known the deep intimacy and the intense companionship of happy mutual love have missed the best thing that life has to give. ― Bertrand Russell
19. That is the idea — that we should all be wicked if we did not hold to the Christian religion. It seems to me that the people who have held to it have been for the most part extremely wicked. You find this curious fact, that the more intense has been the religion of any period and the more profound has been the dogmatic belief, the greater has been the cruelty and the worse has been the state of affairs. ― Bertrand Russell
Can you share our Bertrand Russell quotes?
20. Most people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.― Bertrand Russell
21. In the so-called ages of faith, when men really did believe the Christian religion in all its completeness, there was the Inquisition, with all its tortures; there were millions of unfortunate women burned as witches; and there was every kind of cruelty practiced upon all sorts of people in the name of religion. ― Bertrand Russell
22. You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world. I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world. ― Bertrand Russell
23. You may think that I am going too far when I say that that is still so. I do not think that I am. Take one fact. You will bear with me if I mention it. It is not a pleasant fact, but the churches compel one to mention facts that are not pleasant. ― Bertrand Russell
Do you want apply Bertrand Russell quotes?
26. And if you stay together, you must not use birth control to prevent the birth of syphilitic children.’
Nobody whose natural sympathies have not been warped by dogma, or whose moral nature was not absolutely dead to all sense of suffering, could maintain that it is right and proper that that state of things should continue. ― Bertrand Russell
27. And of course, as we know, it is in its major part an opponent still of progress and improvement in all the ways that diminish suffering in the world, because it has chosen to label as morality a certain narrow set of rules of conduct which have nothing to do with human happiness;
and when you say that this or that ought to be done because it would make for human happiness,
they think that has nothing to do with the matter at all. ‘What has human happiness to do with morals?
The object of morals is not to make people happy.― Bertrand Russell