Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero.
Who is Marcus Tullius Cicero? Marcus Tullius Cicero was a Roman statesman, lawyer, scholar, philosopher and Academic Skeptic, who tried to uphold optimate principles during the political crises that led to the establishment of the Roman Empire.
Why should we read books? For books are more than books, they are the life, the very heart and core of ages past, the reason why men worked and died, the essence and quintessence of their lives.
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is the best Marcus Tullius Cicero quotes collection
1. If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
2. Glory follows virtue as if it were its shadow. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
3. More is lost by indecision than wrong decisions. Indecision is the thief of opportunity. It will steal you blind. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
4. A room without books is like a body without a soul. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
5. We learn nothing from history except that we learn nothing from history. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
6. Read at every wait; read at all hours; read within leisure; read in times of labor; read as one goes in; read as one goes out. The task of the educated mind is simply put: read to lead. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
7. When you have no basis for an argument, abuse the plaintiff. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
8. The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
9. They condemn what they do not understand. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
10. Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
11. Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
12. The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
13. Never was a government that was not composed of liars, malefactors and thieves. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
14. The soil of their native land is dear to all the hearts of mankind.― Marcus Tullius Cicero
15. The more laws, the less justice. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
16. The sinews of war are infinite money. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
17. People don’t know the value of what they have until it’s gone:
Freedom suppressed and again regained bites with keener fangs than freedom never endangered.
Liberty is rendered even more precious by the recollection of servitude. Don’t wait till freedom is gone before you enjoy, value, support, protect and make the most of it! ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
18. Poor is the nation that has no heroes, but poorer still is the nation that has herpes, fails to remember and honor them. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
19. Though liberty is established by law, we must be vigilant, for liberty to enslave us is always present under that very liberty.
Our Constitution speaks of the “general welfare of the people.” Under that phrase all sorts of excesses can be employed by lusting tyrants to make us bondsmen. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
20. If we are not ashamed to think about it, we should not be ashamed to say it. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
Discover more fantastic topic
20. A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious.
But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly.
But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
21. Six mistakes mankind keeps making century after century:
Believing that personal gain is made by crushing others;
Worrying about things that cannot be changed or corrected;
Insisting that a thing is impossible because we cannot accomplish it;
Refusing to set aside trivial preferences;
Neglecting development and refinement of the mind;
Attempting to compel others to believe and live as we do. ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
22. Do just once what others say you can’t do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again. ― James Cook
23. Anyone who is not investing now is missing a tremendous opportunity. — Carlos Slim
24. Success is not about doing things well or even very well, or being acknowledged by others. — Carlos Slim
25. Don’t let the expectations and opinions of other people affect your decisions.
It’s your life, not theirs.
Do what matters most to you; do what makes you feel alive and happy.
Don’t let the expectations and ideas of others limit who you are.
If you let others tell you who you are, you are living their reality, not yours.
There is more to life than pleasing people.
There is much more to life than following others’ prescribed path.
There is so much more to life than what you experience right now.
You need to decide who you are for yourself. Become a whole being. Adventure. ― Roy T. Bennett
26. Don’t worry we all make mistakes, so forget about the past and move on with life. ― Cherry Nguyen