When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
It is a great thing to start life with a small number of really good books which are your very own. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Doyle KStJ DL was a British writer and physician. He created the character Sherlock Holmes in 1887 for A Study in Scarlet, the first of four novels and fifty-six short stories about Holmes and Dr. Watson. The Sherlock Holmes stories are milestones in the field of crime fiction.
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is the best Arthur Conan Doyle quotes collection
1. There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
2. It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
3. You see, but you do not observe. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
4. The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
Do you like Arthur Conan Doyle quotes?
5. Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
6. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories,
instead of theories to suit facts. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
7. You have a grand gift for silence, Watson. It makes you quite invaluable as a companion. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
8. Education never ends, Watson. It is a series of lessons, with the greatest for the last. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
9. I consider that a man’s brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose.
A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out,
or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has a difficulty in laying his hands upon it.
Now the skillful workman is very careful indeed as to what he takes into his brain-attic.
He will have nothing but the tools which may help him in doing his work, but of these he has a large assortment, and all in the most perfect order.
It is a mistake to think that that little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent.
Depend upon it there comes a time when for every addition of knowledge you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
Which Arthur Conan Doyle quote is the best quote?
10. The love of books is among the choicest gifts of the gods. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
11. My mind,” he said, “rebels at stagnation.
Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis,
and I am in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial stimulants.
But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for mental exaltation.
That is why I have chosen my own particular profession, or rather created it, for I am the only one in the world. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
12. My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people do not know. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
13. A dog reflects the family life. Whoever saw a frisky dog in a gloomy family, or a sad dog in a happy one?
Snarling people have snarling dogs, dangerous people have dangerous ones. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
14. What you do in this world is a matter of no consequence. The question is what can you make people believe you have done. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
Can you share your Arthur Conan Doyle quotes?
15. Watson. Come at once if convenient. If inconvenient, come all the same. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
16. Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent.
We would not dare to conceive of things which are really mere commonplaces of existence.
If we could fly out of that window hand in hand, hover over this great city,
gently remove the roofs, and and peep in at the queer things which are going on, the strange coincidences, the planning, the cross-purposes,
the wonderful chains of events, working through generations, and leading to the most outre results,
it would make all fiction with its conventionalities and foreseen conclusions most stale and unprofitable. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
17. It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but that you are a conductor of light.
Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
18. To a great mind, nothing is little,’ remarked Holmes, sententiously. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
19. Women are naturally secretive, and they like to do their own secreting. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
Can you share our Arthur Conan Doyle quotes?
20. Life is infinitely stranger than anything which the mind of man could invent. ― Arthur Conan Doyle
21. There are no fools so troublesome as those who have some wit. ― Arthur Conan Doyle