I think; therefore I am.
The reading of all good books is like conversation with the finest men of past centuries. ― Rene Descartes.
Who is Rene Descartes. Rene Descartes(1596–1650) was a creative mathematician of the first order, an important scientific thinker, and an original metaphysician. During the course of his life, he was a mathematician first, a natural scientist or “natural philosopher” second, and a metaphysician third.
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is Rene Descartes quotes collection
1. If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things. ― Rene Descartes
2. I suppose therefore that all things I see are illusions;
I believe that nothing has ever existed of everything my lying memory tells me.
I think I have no senses.
I believe that body, shape, extension, motion, location are functions.
What is there then that can be taken as true?
Perhaps only this one thing, that nothing at all is certain. ― Rene Descartes
3. Common sense is the most widely shared commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it. ― Rene Descartes
4. Except our own thoughts, there is nothing absolutely in our power. ― Rene Descartes
5. Doubt is the origin of wisdom. ― Rene Descartes
6. It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well. ― Rene Descartes
7. To know what people really think, pay attention to what they do, rather than what they say. ― Rene Descartes
8. I desire to live in peace and to continue the life I have begun under the motto ‘to live well you must live unseen. ― Rene Descartes
9. And thus, the actions of life often do not allow any delay, it is a truth very certain that,
when it is not in our power to determine the most true opinions we ought to follow the most probable. ― Rene Descartes
10. To know what people really think, pay attention to what they do, rather than what they say. ― Rene Descartes
11. It is only prudent never to place complete confidence in that by which we have even once been deceived. ― Rene Descartes
12. You just keep pushing. You just keep pushing. I made every mistake that could be made. But I just kept pushing. ― Rene Descartes
13. But in my opinion, all things in nature occur mathematically. ― Rene Descartes
14. To live without philosophizing is in truth the same as keeping the eyes closed without attempting to open them. ― Rene Descartes
15. In order to seek truth, it is necessary once in the course of our life to doubt, as far as possible, all things. ― Rene Descartes
16. There is nothing more ancient than the truth. ― Rene Descartes
17. In order to improve the mind, we ought less to learn than to contemplate. ― Rene Descartes
18. For I found myself embarrassed with so many doubts and errors that it seemed to me that the effort to instruct myself had no effect other
than the increasing discovery of my own ignorance. ― Rene Descartes
19. Divide each difficulty into as many parts as is feasible and necessary to resolve it. ― Rene Descartes
20. Each problem that I solved became a rule which served afterwards to solve other problems. ― Rene Descartes
21. There is nothing so strange and so unbelievable that it has not been said by one philosopher or another. ― Rene Descartes
22. Truths will be discovered by an individual rather than a whole people. ― Rene Descartes
23. When it is not in our power to follow what is true, we ought to follow what is most probable. ― Rene Descartes
Discover more great topic
24. An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out? ― Rene Descartes
25. By ‘God’, I understand, a substance which is infinite, independent, supremely intelligent, supremely powerful. ― Rene Descartes