Music is one of the ways that God has of beating in on man. ― Charles Edward Ives.
Who is Charles Edward Ives? Charles Edward Ives was an American modernist composer, one of the first American composers of international renown. His music was largely ignored during his early life, and many of his works went unperformed for many years.
Let us make you rich
Here is the best Charles Edward Ives quotes collection
1. You cannot set art off in a corner and hope for it to have vitality, reality, and substance. ― Charles Edward Ives
2. Beauty in music is too often confused with something that lets the ears lie back in an easy chair. ― Charles Edward Ives
3. Stand up and take your dissonance like a man. ― Charles Edward Ives
4. Vagueness is at times an indication of nearness to a perfect truth. ― Charles Edward Ives
Do you like Charles Edward Ives quotes?
5. Awards are merely the badges of mediocrity. ― Charles Edward Ives
6. The fabric of existence weaves itself whole. ― Charles Edward Ives
7. Everyone should have the opportunity of not being over-influenced. ― Charles Edward Ives
8. Please don’t try to make things nice! All the wrong notes are right. Just copy as I have, I want it that way. ― Charles Edward Ives
9. One thing I am certain of is that, if I have done anything good in music, it was, first, because of my father, and second, because of my wife. ― Charles Edward Ives
Which Charles Edward Ives quote is the best success quotes?
10. Every great inspiration is but an experiment, though every experiment we know, is not a great inspiration. ― Charles Edward Ives
11. For the man of talent affects to call his transgressions of the laws of sense trivial and to count them nothing considered with his devotion to his art. ― Charles Edward Ives
12. There can be nothing exclusive about substantial art. It comes directly out of the heart of the experience of life and thinking about life and living life. ― Charles Edward Ives
13. Expression, to a great extent, is a matter of terms, and terms are anyone’s. The meaning of ‘God’ may have a billion interpretations if there are that many souls in the world. ― Charles Edward Ives
14. It will probably be centuries, at least generations, before man will discover all or even most of the value in a quarter-tone extension. And when he does, nature has plenty of other things up her sleeve. ― Charles Edward Ives
Can you share your success quotes?
15. The word “beauty” is as easy to use as the word “degenerate.” Both come in handy when one does or does not agree with you. ― Charles Edward Ives
16. A rare experience of a moment at daybreak, when something in nature seems to reveal all consciousness, cannot be explained at noon. Yet it is part of the day’s unity. ― Charles Edward Ives
17. Music may be yet unborn. Perhaps no music has ever been written or heard. Perhaps the birth of art will take place at the moment in which the last man who is willing to make a living out of art is gone and gone forever. ― Charles Edward Ives
18. All melodious poets shall be hoarse as street ballads, when once the penetrating keynote of nature and spirit is sounded-the earth-beat, sea-beat, heart-beat, which make the tune to which the sun rolls, and the globule of blood and the sap of the trees. ― Charles Edward Ives
Please Like , Follow & Share: