Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead. ― Charles Bukowski.
Henry Charles Bukowski was a German-American poet, novelist, and short story writer. His writing was influenced by the social, cultural, and economic ambience of his home city of Los Angeles.
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is the best Charles Bukowski collection
1. We’re all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn’t. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing. ― Charles Bukowski
2. Do you hate people? I don’t hate them…I just feel better when they’re not around. ― Charles Bukowski
3. What matters most is how well you walk through the fire. ― Charles Bukowski
4. You have to die a few times before you can really love. ― Charles Bukowski
5. My ambition is handicapped by laziness. ― Charles Bukowski
6. The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. ― Charles Bukowski
7. That’s the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen. ― Charles Bukowski
8. There is a loneliness in this world so great
that you can see it in the slow movement of
the hands of a clock. ― Charles Bukowski
9. I wanted the whole world or nothing. ― Charles Bukowski
10. An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. ― Charles Bukowski
11. If you’re losing your soul and you know it, then you’ve still got a soul left to lose. ― Charles Bukowski
12. There are worse things
than being alone
but it often takes
decades to realize this
and most often when you do
it’s too late
and there’s nothing worse
than too late
people so tired
either by love or no love.
people just are not good to each other
one on one.
The rich are not good to the rich
the poor are not good to the poor.
We are afraid.
our educational system tells us
that we can all be
It hasn’t told us
about the gutters
or the suicides.
or the terror of one person
aching in one place
watering a plant. ― Charles Bukowski
13. For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered.
But for those of us who can’t readily accept the God formula, the big answers don’t remain stone-written.
We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. ― Charles Bukowski
14. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god.
We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system.
We are here to drink beer.
We are here to kill war.
We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. ― Charles Bukowski
15. Sometimes you climb out of bed in the morning and you think, I’m not going to make it, but you laugh inside, remembering all the times you’ve felt that way. ― Charles Bukowski
16. I’ve never been lonely. I’ve been in a room. I’ve felt suicidal. I’ve been depressed. I’ve felt awful, awful beyond all, but I never felt that one other person could enter that room and cure what was bothering me…or that any number of people could enter that room.
17. In other words, loneliness is something I’ve never been bothered with because I’ve always had this terrible itch for solitude. It’s being at a party, or at a stadium full of people cheering for something, that I might feel loneliness. ― Charles Bukowski
18. I’ll quote Ibsen, “The strongest men are the most alone.” I’ve never thought, “Well, some beautiful blonde will come in here and give me a fuck-job, rub my balls, and I’ll feel good.” No, that won’t help. You know the typical crowd, “Wow, it’s Friday night, what are you going to do? Just sit there?”
Well, yeah. Because there’s nothing out there. It’s stupidity.
19. Stupid people mingling with stupid people. Let them stupefy themselves. I’ve never been bothered with the need to rush out into the night. I hid in bars, because I didn’t want to hide in factories.
20.That’s all. Sorry for all the millions, but I’ve never been lonely. I like myself. I’m the best form of entertainment I have. Let’s drink more wine! ― Charles Bukowski
21. Some lose their mind and become insane.
Some lose their soul and become intellectual.
Some lose both and become accepted. ― Charles Bukowski
22. I will remember the kisses
our lips raw with love
and how you gave me
everything you had
and how I
offered you what was left of
and I will remember your small room
the feel of you
the light in the window
our morning coffee
our noon our nights
our bodies spilled together
the tiny flowing currents
immediate and forever
your leg my leg
your arm my arm
your smile and the warmth
who made me laugh
again. ― Charles Bukowski
Discover more wonderful topic
23. I loved you like a man loves a woman he never touches, only writes to, keeps little photographs of. ― Charles Bukowski
24. If you’re going to try, go all the way. Otherwise, don’t even start.
This could mean losing girlfriends, wives, relatives and maybe even your mind. It could mean not eating for three or four days.
It could mean freezing on a park bench. It could mean jail. It could mean derision.
It could mean mockery, isolation.
Isolation is the gift. All the others are a test of your endurance, of how much you really want to do it. And, you’ll do it, despite rejection and the worst odds.
25. And it will be better than anything else you can imagine.
If you’re going to try, go all the way.
There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire.
You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It’s the only good fight there is.― Charles Bukowski