Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. ― Arthur Schopenhauer.
Who is Arthur Schopenhauer? Arthur Schopenhauer was a German philosopher. He is best known for his 1818 work The World as Will and Representation, which characterizes the phenomenal world as the product of a blind noumenal will.
Here is famous Arthur Schopenhauer quotes collection
1. Compassion is the basis of morality. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
2. Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
3. A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
4. Mostly it is loss which teaches us about the worth of things. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
5. Happiness consists in frequent repetition of pleasure. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
6. The person who writes for fools is always sure of a large audience. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
7. It is difficult to find happiness within oneself, but it is impossible to find it anywhere else. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
8. One should use common words to say uncommon things. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
9. Life is a constant process of dying. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
10. A sense of humor is the only divine quality of man. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
11. Every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud, adopts as a last resource pride in the nation to which he belongs;
he is ready and happy to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
12. A high degree of intellect tends to make a man unsocial. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
16. Religion is the masterpiece of the art of animal training, for it trains people as to how they shall think. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
17. So the problem is not so much to see what nobody has yet seen,
as to think what nobody has yet thought concerning that which everybody sees. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
18. Great men are like eagles, and build their nest on some lofty solitude. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
19. The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity.
Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
Discover more great topic
Think outside the box to gain more incomes! Do you want to know?
20. When we read, another person thinks for us: we merely repeat his mental process.
In learning to write, the pupil goes over with his pen what the teacher has outlined in pencil: so in reading;
the greater part of the work of thought is already done for us.
This is why it relieves us to take up a book after being occupied with our own thoughts.
And in reading, the mind is, in fact, only the playground of another’s thoughts.
So it comes about that if anyone spends almost the whole day reading, and by way of relaxation devotes the intervals to some thoughtless pastime,
he gradually loses the capacity for thinking; just as the man who always rides, at last forgets how to walk.
This is the case with many learned persons: they have read themselves stupid. ― Arthur Schopenhauer
21. The art of not reading is a very important one.
It consists in not taking an interest in whatever may be engaging the attention of the general public at any particular time.
When some political or ecclesiastical pamphlet, or novel, or poem is making a great commotion,
you should remember that he who writes for fools always finds a large public.
A precondition for reading good books is not reading bad ones: for life is short. ― Arthur Schopenhauer