Law and order exist for the purpose of establishing justice and when they fail in this purpose they become the dangerously structured dams that block the flow of social progress. — Martin Luther King, Jr.
People have a general duty to obey the law because it is democratically decided. Legal duty: The obligations people have put upon them by the law. Moral responsibility: The personal obligations people feel based on their beliefs about what is right and wrong.
Let us make you rich
Here is the wonderful legal quotes collection
1. The end of law is not to abolish or restrain, but to preserve and enlarge freedom. For in all the states of created beings capable of law, where there is no law, there is no freedom. — John Locke
2. The safety of the people shall be the highest law. — Marcus Tullius Cicero
3. At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst. — Aristotle
4. We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws. — Hunter S. Thompson
Do you like legal quotes?
5. Where the law is uncertain there is no law. — Proverb
6. Laws and principles are not for the times when there is no temptation: they are for such moments as this, when body and soul rise in mutiny against their rigor. If at my convenience I might break them, what would be their worth? — Charlotte Bronte
7. In times of war, the law falls silent. — Marcus Tullius Cicero
8. The Law is hard, but it is the Law. — Cassandra Clare
9. The more corrupt a society, the more numerous its laws. — Edward Abbey
Which legal quotes is the wonderful education quotes?
10. Surely we will not dare say that these laws are unjust, or rather, that they are not laws at all. For it seems to me that an unjust law is no law at all. — Augustine of Hippo
11. If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law respectable. — Louis D. Brandeis
12. Justice is the sum of all moral duty. — William Godwin
13. Justice delayed is justice denied. — William E. Gladstone
14. Laws, like houses, lean on one another. — Edmund Burke
Can you share your education quotes?
15. Laws are not invented. They grow out of circumstances. — Azarias
16. The rule of law in place of force, always basic to my thinking, now takes on a new relevance in a world where, if war is to go, only law can replace it. — Roger Nash Baldwin
17. It is not wisdom but Authority that makes a law. — Thomas Hobbes
18. Laws are not masters, but servants, and he rules them, who obeys them. — Ward Becker
19. Law; an ordinance of reason for the common good, made by him who has care of the community. — St. Thomas Aquinas
20. Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is right to do. — Potter Stewart