A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite;
and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential,
particularly military, supplies. — George Washington.
Who is George Washington? George Washington (1732-99) was commander in chief of the Continental Army during the American Revolutionary War (1775-83) and served two terms as the first U.S. president, from 1789 to 1797. During the American Revolution, he led the colonial forces to victory over the British and became a national hero.
Let us Make you Rich/ Secrets of Success
Together we can make rich by learning secrets of success men.
Here is famous George Washington quotes collection
1. When one side only of a story is heard and often repeated, the human mind becomes impressed with it insensibly. — George Washington
2. Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country. — George Washington
3. It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one. — George Washington
4. If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. — George Washington
5. Worry is the interest paid by those who borrow trouble. — George Washington
6. My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother.
I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her. — George Washington
7. But lest some unlucky event should happen unfavorable to my reputation,
I beg it may be remembered by every gentleman in the room that I this day declare with the utmost sincerity,
I do not think myself equal to the command I am honored with. — George Washington
8. A primary object should be the education of our youth in the science of government. In a republic,
what species of knowledge can be equally important?
And what duty more pressing than communicating it to those who are to be the future guardians of the liberties of the country? — George Washington
9. Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to appellation. — George Washington
10. Human happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected. — George Washington
11. Happiness depends more upon the internal frame of a person’s own mind, than on the externals in the world. — George Washington
12. 99% of failures come from people who make excuses. — George Washington
13. I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man. — George Washington
14. There is nothing which can better deserve our patronage than the promotion of science and literature.
Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness. — George Washington
15. Guard against the impostures of pretended patriotism. — George Washington
16. Real men despise battle, but will never run from it. — George Washington
17. Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire called conscience. — George Washington
18. Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. — George Washington
19. Associate yourself with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation;
for ‘tis better to be alone than in bad company. — George Washington
Discover more wonderful topic
20. Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder. — George Washington
21. When you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous and surly.
They are like this because they can’t tell good from evil.
But I have seen the beauty of good, and the ugliness of evil, and have recognized that the wrongdoer has a nature related to my own, not of the same blood and birth, but the same mind, and possessing a share of the divine.
And so none of them can hurt me.
No one can implicate me in ugliness. Nor can I feel angry at my relative, or hate him.
We were born to work together like feet, hands and eyes, like the two rows of teeth, upper and lower.
To obstruct each other is unnatural. To feel anger at someone, to turn your back on him: these are unnatural. ― Marcus Aurelius
22. In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ― Thomas Jefferson
23. We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve. ― Bill Gates
24. Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work. ― Stephen King
25. If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself,
but to your estimate of it;
and this you have the power to revoke at any moment. ― Marcus Aurelius
26. Life is like a wheel. Sooner or later, it always comes around to where you started again. ― Stephen King